Dear Mr. Holloway,
I am writing to apply for the Insurance Claims Adjuster position with United Insurance. I am a professional with an Associate’s degree in Business Management and three years of experience in the insurance industry. In my current job as Insurance Claims Adjuster with Zion Auto Home and Life I take customer calls about claims related to their various policies analyze claim information conduct investigations when needed write incident reports and issue claims decisions.
I pay specific attention to every detail and am able to spot inconsistencies or patterns in accounts easily. My critical thinking and communication skills are sharp which help me to calm agitated clients while making informed decisions relating to their case. With three years in this business I feel I have a thorough understanding of the working of insurance claims. Clients have thanked me numerous times for making their experience as easy as possible and supervisors have given me accolades for my efficiency. I would love to bring my professionalism to the claims department of United Insurance as an Insurance Claims Adjuster.
I am quite sure you will find me to be a candidate worthy of the Insurance Claims Adjuster title. Please contact me soon to schedule an interview. I hope to hear from you and thank you for your consideration.
Stake your claim to your next insurance job with a comprehensive resume. For inspiration, view the sample resume below and download the insurance claims processor resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about insurance careers on Monster.
Insurance Claims Processor Resume Sample
Sometown, NY 11102 | (718) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Insurance Claims Processor – Automobile Line Specialty
Dedicated insurance professional experienced in investigating and processing automobile insurance claims. Excel at analyzing damages, interpreting policies and negotiating payment solutions. Effectively manage multiple, high-priority projects and take pride in providing exemplary customer service.
ABC Insurance Company – Sometown, NY
Claims Processor, 7/12 to Present
Analyze claims to determine extent of company’s liability, make approval or denial decisions and negotiate settlements with claimants in accordance with policy provisions. Collaborate with insurance agents and interview claimants to correct errors, rectify omissions and investigate questionable issues.
- Achieved the highest number of inspection appointments (out of 162 colleagues) in 2016. Surpassed goal by averaging 45 appointments monthly (33% above quota).
- Selected by supervisor to assist with file closures; resolve complex claims-processing issues; participate in quality-control audits; and monitor status updates.
- Maintained a superior quality rating of 94% in file handling and claims resolution, exceeding the 85% departmental goal.
- Provided optimum service to policyholders, negotiated fair settlements and identified fraudulent claims.
- Received three Top Performer Awards and a Service Excellence Award.
DEF Insurance Company – Sometown, NY
Associate Claims Adjuster, 6/10 to 7/12
Supported claims adjusters in processing hundreds of first- and third-party auto insurance claims.
- Accompanied underwriters and insurance agents in the field to investigate claims and determine cause and extent of damages.
- Uncovered fraudulent claims scheme; provided evidence leading to the recovery of thousands of dollars in insurance overpayments.
- Developed a strong understanding of insurance policies and legal issues through completion of a series of INS classes coupled with in-depth, multi-week claims training.
Bachelor of Science, Major in Business n ABc UNIVERSITY – Sometown, NY
Completed training in auto insurance terminology (parts, repair and medical procedures), NYS regulations and customer service delivery.